You might think that this is going to be a very difficult task but I promise you that I am going to make this as easy as possible for you. That is why I am here, to make eating healthy easy for you. This is why I compiled a grocery list for healthy eating on a budget that you can buy at the store for next to nothing. After nearly three years of doing this I would like to think I know what I am doing. So here is what I would prefer that you start getting at the store. You might want to have at least one hundred dollars when you go shopping for these foods. That is just my personal recommendation. I would highly suggest working out as well as eating healthy because you will be able to see results much sooner rather than later. There are tons of awesome activities you can try out. Swimming, Racquetball, dancing, walking and tons of other awesome things! Exercise more and you will see awesome results.
Without Further Ado Here Is A Grocery List For Healthy Eating On A Budget!
1. Black Beans - These are great for protein and can be eaten pretty much any day of the week. They are incredibly cheap as well which is awesome.
2. Eggs - All right here you go, get yourself a dozen eggs, they are dirt cheap and have enough protein to give you some nutrients!
3. Tofu - You would actually be surprised at how cheap you can get tofu for. Most people assume that it is a very expensive food but if you know where to get it. It can actually be quite inexpensive. Its also very very high in nutritional value!
4. Chicken Breast - This is about one of the cheapest healthy meats that you can get out there. I mean if you are thinking cheap you are probably thinking like bologna but that stuff is just gross. Just stick to the chicken breast and make sure that it has no skin as well!
5. Cottage Cheese - Very cheap and very yummy, cottage cheese is something I have been getting for nearly 10 years of my life. i love this stuff and It goes good with so many other meals. If you are thinking, I need to have the best grocery list for healthy eating on a budget then you have to have cottage cheese on that list for sure.
6.Whole Grain Pasta - I bet that you did not have this on your list before huh? Well guess what this stuff could not be more healthy and pasta is pretty much dirt cheap as well.
7. Grapes - Very cheap, very tasty and I feel like I do not really need to get into much detail with these. Grapes are just amazing in general.
8.Bananas - I think that bananas are actually the best cheap and healthy foods available on the market. You can get about 10 high quality bananas for about three dollars. If you think about it, that is actually quite amazing.
9. Beets - I personally hate eating beets but they are very cheap and they can give you plenty of nutrients that you are going to need. You can make plenty of different recipes with this stuff too. It I have to eat this stuff I will but I wont like it.
10. Carrots - I would highly recommend that you add this to your grocery list for healthy eating on a budget. Make sure that you are buying them in bulk as well. The more you buy the cheaper they actually get. You can get a juicer and make your own carrot juice and that is just amazing! <3
There are so many other foods that you can get these are just the top ten ones that I personally suggest you add to your grocery list for healthy eating on a budget.
For more tips you should check out FoodNetwork.com